This week will mark a year that we have lived with grandma. Abbi will turn eleven in a month, Jason is doing well at his job, and I, I have the distinct feeling that someone or something has been leaving me dimes.
All year I have found dimes around the house. There is always just one dime. No pennies or quarters or a paperclip. Just a dime. I've kept them all. It's strange from the first dime I've known I was going to keep them. So far this year I have collected $4.40 in dimes. It is so strange. I found a dime on the floor by the front door. I made my bed and there was a dime under my pillow. I opened the kitchen drawer and one fell out from under it. Doing laundry, I found one in the washing machine. I know these dimes all came from somewhere, be it Jason's pocket, or fell out of my purse when I was looking for my lip gloss. I just want to know why just a dime? Why has this happened 44 times? I've never noticed change before we moved here. We all pick up loose change. So why has it been bugging me this year? Truly, the thought that grandpa has been leaving dimes for me has crossed my mind. (Note; grandpa has been dead for 4 years-44 dimes-weird!)
1 comment:
Ok - so, I found a dime in the washer just the other day and I thought of you and your dimes. Maybe this is a physical reminder that 1/10th needs to be given in tithing and that we are given many blessings from following this commandment. Hmmmmm....
Post a Comment