Friday, September 19, 2008

A View of the Sea


As long as I can remember, I have had different dreams of the kind of place I would call my dream home. I remember big, richly furnished homes, or an old warehouse in downtown Seattle, I've even thought an old farmhouse would be very charming, but the one home that always has ranked top of the list is a home by the ocean with a view of the sea. I've now called 10 different places home during my married life and none of them have been very dreamy. However, here I am on the North-East corner of Washington state and I can say, at least here, in my front room, I have a very clear view of the "C" yes that right, the letter "C". I know it's not the same, very far from it actually. However, I can at least say it. When I look out at the hill I wonder sometimes if animals or people are wondering around up there so I have taken out the binoculars and search the area. Then something happened, I realized that I look like a total nutter spying on people out my front window. Usually, I probably wouldn't think much of it except the huge sign next to my window that says Danekas Funeral Chapel. So, when Jason and I told this to his boss, he jokingly said, "Ya, if your gonna spy, could ya back up of the window please." It's a busy area just below our window, I guess people might get the wrong idea.

No comments: