My Monday
I got up on Monday and started my normal routine, make pancakes, get Abbi ready, take her to the bus, blah, blah. So, while I was reading other blog sites and deciding what my day would look like I thought I'll just blog about my Monday. Here is me IM'ing a friend here in town that is behind a computer in her home office all day.
Time to get off the computer and hit the streets. The grocery store is three blocks away and if I don't plan on buying much I walk save money and exercise. For reward on not spending much money I walked over to the thrift shop to look for treasures, next I went to the library, just picked up a book if I don't like it no skin off my nose.
I decided to go shopping for Valentine's Day stuff. Plus had an idea for Family night. I need some white chocolate!
When I got home I made cookies and hearts. That's so we could go heart attack some friends later when it was dark.
Time to get Abbi off the bus.
Abbi got the mail and found a special letter from her Great Aunt & Uncle. A special 8th birthday present was in it.(Her Birthday isn't till March. Oh well Early is okay with us)
Later that night we combined Family home evening with our once a month McDonalds dinner date. Our way of making sure we save our money.December, we spent 4oo dollars on food not bought on grocery shopping trips. (ya I asked for silly faces and this is what I got)
I was hoping to get a good picture of us out delivering cookies in the neighborhood but it was dark and when your trying to hide you can't get a good picture so imagine Jason and I finding a hiding spot, then Abbi and I stayed behind the bush while Jason ran and knocked on the door. After they had closed their door we ran for the car, Jason tripped ripped his jeans and scraped up his hands and knees and I had to work hard to seem so sorry that he was hurt when I so badly wanted to laugh. The other houses we perfected our delivery. I got out the knocked and ran to the get away car. which worked much better. We had fun.
2 comments:
I remember the days when we would deliver homemade valentine cookies and ding dong ditch, I also remember diving into bushes and all the scrapes and bruises we would get....I heard you might be coming to the reunion this year, is this true?
So FUN! We LOVE to go "heart-A-tack" people this time of year. Looks like you had a great day. Those cookies look " oh soooo yummy" Happy Valentines day!
Post a Comment