Monday, August 17, 2009

Kettle Falls campout

A weekend with Jerry & Jen and their kids made for the best weekend! We sat around the camp fire and had s'mores, enjoyed the out doors, and most of all laughed at our little jokes like we were in our twenties again. I love having a friendship that has lasted as long as ours has.
Thanks again to them for coming all the way to Kettle Falls camp ground to hang out with us!
Abbi and I pulled into our spot and new we had the best view in the camp.(#10 site for my birthday next door was #13 Jen's B-day coincidence- maybe?!?)
The first day of our camp out was rainy but we were camped right on Lake Roosevelt/Columbia River and the rain wasn't about to stop Abbi from getting wet.


The kids played well together. You gotta know what I mean when I say, "hallelujah" because we didn't have to play cruise director to keep them busy, they kept themselves pretty well entertained. That meant that we got to hang out and do what we wanted. Usually, that meant stopping them from playing so we could take their picture. Okay mom last one!


The park by the camp ground is one of my favorites minus the bugs. But, a chance to get the kids to play on the toys is a photo op not to be missed.
Jen couldn't help playing on the toys too. Look no hands! Way to go Jen!

I love seeing Abbi have fun with her friends.


Fairy Circle, don't step in it or the fairies will take you away!


I had never seen one before but have heard of them in stories, kind of cool when you see it up close. (By the way, a fairy circle is a band of mushrooms growing in a circle.)

The sun came out and the water called to them! Still too cold for me.


This what we had a view of all weekend. Jealous much! Don't be, come for a visit and we'll go camping together!

The trailer was the favorite hangout beside the general store where they conned money out of Jen to go to quite often.


Truly loved playing games at the table, or reading a book, maybe a few minutes of remember whens and most of all just enjoying the company, a great weekend for sure.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I didn't even KNOW you had taken the picture of me playing the chocolate game :) You took great pics! I really need to get mine organized and post a few too!! Thanks for the fun camping memories! We had a FANTASTIC Time!
( I really wish my word for today was Acifex - but nope, no go there! )