Saturday, we left our home at 6 a.m. for Kent Washington, to pick up a "company package" to bring back home to be buried here.Yes, that is exactly what I mean by "company package" because the whole ride home it was laying right next to my daughter. So it will always be just a package. But it was a chance for us to go home all be it for a very short time. We did get to stop and visit my parents and Jason's plus we stopped and had dinner with Jason's brother and his family. But Jason was on the clock, so we also had to come home that night. When we pulled back in at 1:30, it was kind of surreal. I mean that was a 6 hour trip one way. I just kept thinking, "did we just do that?"


Have you ever wanted to give the slow guy in the passing lane a bad name? Well they guy in front of us made sure we knew what to call him.

I think it is so amazing how one can come down the west side of Snoqualmie pass and see all the trees and know that their heart belongs there. Ahh home!


It is becoming a tradition, when we come back home we always get Slurpees. We don't have them here in Colville (not even a cheap knock off version) so we always get back to our roots and get them, sorry friends and family we didn't see. We didn't have time to see you and get a Slurpee. We have our priorities.
5 comments:
Do you very wonder when the day will come that Abbi finds out what the "package" is.
Believe me we worried about it and decided that if she clued in we would tell her the truth, but not until then.
Man, I don't even rate a notch above slurpee! How painful is that?!! :D
SO glad that Abbi is clueless to what the package was! Was it at least a cremated package??
And....ok, I KNOW it is NOT The same but the chevron out in Kettle Falls at least serves Icees - I know because I bought them for the kids when we went camping - so YEAH YOU DO HAVE CHEAP KNOCK-OFFS nearby - -well Kinda nearby, well....OK like 15 minutes away by car if you're speeding. But closer than SPOKANE!
BTW - who had the banana slurpee?? Just looking at that picture has me craving one RIGHT NOW!!
I forgot about that!! how is that you managed to find those anyway?? I WILL remember for our next slurpee craving. First of all the package was not tampered with to accommodate a smaller box. Second the banana is Abbi's
LOL! Sounds like something we would do! I'm glad you got to come home even if it was just for a day. I TOTALLY agree about coming over the pass and feeling like your coming home. I think that everytime, glad to know I'm not alone.
Post a Comment