
ER LABELS ARE AWESOME!
Well, we have been busy, Thursday, Abbi came home from school with a cough. She didn't have a fever, so of course, I sent her to school the next day. Friday after school she was pail and sure enough she had a fever, close to 102. So a little Tylenol and rest and she seemed okay. The next day was pretty much the same. No interest in leaving the house and cookies and ice cream didn't even sound good. Okay, she really must be feeling yucky. Around 2:30, I left for a Stake Relief Society meeting and didn't come home until almost 7. She looked really pail and wanted to go to sleep so I checked her temp 102.4 So, I gave her some Tylenol and a glass of water and laid her down. Thing was, something was different. She was breathing really shallow and fast. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Part of me thought to wait until she was asleep and see if she was still breathing like that. I did a little research and everything I read told me to get her to a doctor right away. I have to admit that I stalled for a half hour before Jason and I decided to just take her to the ER. When we got to our little hospital, they told us that they were really busy but they could take her vitals and let us wait in the waiting room until they had a place for us. The ER attendant took her temp and blood pressure and all that stuff, got up from his chair went out the door and yelled at some one that we needed a room now. "YIKES!!!" It seems that Abbi was only getting 77 percent oxygen into her lungs. Normal people usually read around 97 percent. So they got her a room fast and it was freezing cold in there because it's one of those rooms saved for major accidents that lots of Doctors can move around in. Anyway, My doctor happened to be the one working in the ER that night and informed us that Abbi had just earned herself a bed in the hospital that night. She had blood work taken heart monitors put on her an IV because she was really dehydrated, Oxygen hooked up X-Rays taken. The works. It really scared me. By 11:30, we were in Abbi's own hospital room and because of the inhalant treatments she was really wound up. She couldn't get to sleep until 4 in the morning and with nurses and doctors and respiratory therapists constantly bugging her a good nights sleep didn't come at all. Sunday was hard because she was just so tired. She also was sore from coughing up that nasty gunk in her lungs and when Monday night rolled around and she was able to get off the oxygen you would have thought she won the lotto. Can't blame her having tubes in your nose day and night is got to be awful. Tuesday morning She looked great! So much so that we got the okay to come home! YAY!! It's now 1:30p.m. and we are home. Abbi is happy to be able to move around a little upset that she can't go to school but not by much. I'm glad to be home I had left a load of laundry in the washing machine that whole time we were in the hospital, yuk! hope it will wash out. I also hope that all will be well soon. Abbi a strong girl things should turn out okay. All I know is next time she is even just a little bit sick, she isn't going to school! I just won't tell her that. I never did get a straight answer to what she had "A Respiratory Infection" was all I could get. And honestly that is probably all it was but a name of its own would have been nice I feel like I need to be able to say it was pneumonia or croup. But then again who wants to say their child has those things. Anway in good old blogger fashion. I took pictures.

E.T. Phone Home

A girl NEVER leaves home without a purse!

Out exploring the hospital halls

Mom and Abbi together in bed
Thank you to all of our friends and family that came in or called to check on us at the hospital!
5 comments:
Oh my! How scary! I'm glad she's feeling better!
I'm so glad Abby is feeling better! That was quite an ordeal, I'm so glad that everything is ok now.
That's terrifying! I'm glad she's better. I agree it would have been nice to have a name to put with the sickness.
Love the purse hanging from her arm! So funny.
Ok - I officially forgive you for not blogging sooner! (Like I've blogged recently hah!)
It sounds like Abbi had Reactive Airway Disease ( RAD ) that is what Bradley gets EVERY time he gets a cold. Shallow breathing and panting...ugh! It's kin to asthma but apparently not QUITE as bad. We have a Nebulizer ( fancy word for breathing machine ) at home just for him to administer Abuterol ( that nasty hyper active drug ) He always gets wound up and jittery on Abuterol and doesn't like to eat and it scares me because it makes his heart race - but it DOES help him breathe easier! I bet you were really worried about Abbi and trying to be strong for her on top of it all....I'm glad she is at home and feeling better. And I love that she had to take her purse! Total girly girl thing to do!! Love you Abbi!!!
Ok - so according to your blog dated SEPTEMBER 29 - Abbi has now been sickly for 15 days - or at least that is what you'd LIKE me to think! Post something new please!!! Yeah yeah I know - this coming from the world's greatest blog slacker of all time, or wait....are you just trying to beat my record for longest time between posts??? A-HA! Welll...get over it and get to blogging!!! You'll never beat my record - ah hah hah hah ah hah hah hah ( evil (as in fru-its of the dee-vil ) laughter )
Post a Comment