Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Casualty of Jason's Job



Jason is a Funeral Director here in town, and on occasion, he has to go to the scene of a fatal car accident to remove a victim. This was the case two nights ago at 1(ish) in the morning. I of course say "Be safe, I love you," then promptly roll back over and go to sleep. A few hours later when he gets home, he tells me that he had to leave his pants out at the back door because they were covered in stickers.
Later, when I decided to deal with his pants I opened up what looked like a pair of velcro polka dot pants. Thinking a little duct tape should remove these suckers, Abbi and I get to work(not before taking a picture, of course) And it did, except very time I opened up a different wrinkle, there were hundreds more. He may have just been outside somewhere rolling in weeds. My time and tape is worth more than this. I'm just gonna go buy him some new black slacks!
And to solve your curiosity and keep names and faces safe I can give you a general idea of the accident.
It was a vehicle that had rolled down a hill and the driver was ejected from the vehicle into some brambles.

1 comment:

carlen said...

i would have trouble with jason's job! hats off to him for being able to deal with tragedy so well. and hats off to you for your crazy tasks as his wife...i would have decided to buy new pants too! btw, I LOVE your new blog header. it's gorgeous!