Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crafting Again! Water Bottle Clip


Now that Spring is springing and the weather is turning nice it is time to get out and moving . I am planning on doing a lot of hiking with Abbi this year, and to prepare I am starting with a craft.
Last summer, Abbi and I went to Bryce Canyon, and I saw these water bottle holders for sale in the gift shop that looked really handy, only they were like $9 a piece. Not cool. Especially when all the major supplies I used to make one for myself came from the dollar store.
  • 1 dog collar (must have plastic clip- not buckle)Did you notice that the dog collar in the first photo has Garfield on it? Funny huh?
  • 1 carabiner clip
  • 1 15/16x3/4x3/32 o ring (plumbing department) You might want to get a smaller one as well, bottles now tend to have smaller lips to save on plastic.

  • First, cut off the dog collar just after the leash ring. The leash ring is for the carabiner clip.
melt the edges so it wont fray.

Then, cut a 4 inch strip to go on the other end of the clip.



Slide the O ring in the open side then sew the O ring in.



Once the O ring is sewn in , then you can slide it over a bottle cap and clip it to your jeans or back pack or whatever. Then when you need a drink, you just use the clip to get to the bottle. So easy I can't wait to use them.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fav is your cute scissors!

Jen said...

I love the new blog picture of you three. Nice!!