Wednesday, November 17, 2010

News

Well I've been sitting on this piece of news for a month and half now, and I think it's time to share.
On the last day of September, Jason was diagnosed with diabetes (type2).
It wasn't tragic or even a surprise really. His mother has it. He was tested when he was younger for it. But this time there was no denying it. Over the summer we spent a day at a water park. We think Jason got a blister on his foot there. I say we think because he didn't notice it, not until it had popped and got infected and swollen. After a doctor visit and then another doctor visit, a podiatrist, to be exact, She told us that Jason has neuropathy. (Lack of feeling in his feet due to nerve damage) She made him get tested for diabetes. Of course he has it. So now I'm learning how to cook for a diabetic and we're learning how to live with it. But I must say, Jason has been so impressive. He has been so careful with his eating, hasn't touched ice-cream since September. I know! We use to eat it almost every night. Abbi and I can't say the same. We've snuck out for a cone a time or two. Candy hasn't been a problem either even during Halloween. Jason and I exercise every day together. I love it . wait, I love being with him. And, you know, if we weren't exercising together we wouldn't have been out to see this.

Sometimes things really are blessings in disguise.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Next time I see you - you are going to be a skinny Minnie :) Ironically, enough my word of the day is Reeses - how's that for Karma?