Car for saleThis car has been sitting untouched in a public parking lot across from our place for the last 2 months. The snow plows keep piling snow around it. Mother Nature is the one that covered it though.
Okay did I say we were going to go take a drive in the snow? Well, let me tell you what happened. Four miles North of us we were driving on a beautiful road, a main road that is well maintained, when we hit a small patch of ice that slid us into the snow berm. That took us right off the edge of the road. We were stuck but good. To keep Abbi and I safe, Jason made us get out. Not an easy task since I hopped out of the Jeep into 3 1/2 to 4 feet of snow. Abbi was lighter so she could trudge through it. I had to lay down and roll up the hill to the street. Many people stopped to offer what help they could until and angel stopped to help us. A member of our church was out working with his tree business on that road. He has one of those big tree trimming trucks and he was able to pull us out with ease. So thanks to Steven Schmid and his crew!!! After that excitement Abbi and Jason both had enough so we headed back home. When we got there, Jason noticed that the whole time his emergency break was on. I left him alone with that one, he went through enough for me today.

3 comments:
How scary! I'm glad you were all safe and sound. Thank goodness for your angel!
OhNo!! I was wondering how you were doing in all this record breaking snow....now I know! Ouch! Makes you wish you'd just went for a nice walk instead huh?
We stumbled across your blog through a friend of a friend. Small world! It's fun to take a peek at your CUTE family. We often reflect back on the Issaquah 4th days and have fond memories of you guys. Keep in touch!
Steve & Paige
Post a Comment