I didn't want to post this yet but I'm getting so excited by my project that I just couldn't wait. Last Friday I went looking though garage sales. I found a rickety old desk for 5$ and two chairs that were good for starting fires for free. I worked on the desk first tearing it apart sanding and gluing then putting it back together and staining it and now it holds a place of honor in my living room. Next is the chairs and they are taking some time.

The staining process is taking a lot of time.

I just have to find some fabric that I love before I finish them.
I'll show pictures when I got it all done.
I'll show pictures when I got it all done.
3 comments:
Uhhh...holy cow, you are a refinishing master! I have never attempted to restain anything, it terrifies me.
You are the MASTER of re-creating antiques to look as they should! Beautiful!!!!
I have a dresser that needs your "skills"...I am nervous about trying my hand at staining it. It appears like someone already tried once and it is speckled~~ What is the trick?
Post a Comment