Friday, June 12, 2009

School Is Out, Summer Is In!



As Abbi's T-shirt says, school is out summer is in! It's our last 2nd grade day. Abbi got this shirt at the beginning of the school year and told me that she wasn't going to wear it until the last day of the year. Good thing it was only a couple of dollars because she kept her word and saved it.



It's a family affair taking Abbi to her bus stop. Almost every day she has had both her parents waiting with her. She walks home by herself though.



Off she goes, it seems like last week I was crying as the bus drove off on her first day of school.



The 2nd graders got to school this morning and almost immediately started walking to the city park. 2 mile walk with 60 kids, sounds fun huh? They are spending the whole day there. I left just before lunch, I had a date with my husband. Lunchtime with Abbi in school makes a great time to share a meal between the two of us, summers here, that's the last lunch date for a few months.



It was fun watching her play with the kids. As I was leaving, the teachers were gathering kids for parachute games and kick ball. Then they are having ice cream and doing some art projects. It will be great to hear what she thought of her day.

2 comments:

carlen said...

go ahead . . . rub it in! we still have a week and a half left of school. what sweet traditions you have! walking her to the bus together (i'm usually running with my kids--still in my pj's) and i'd LOVE a lunch date with my hubby every day! way to live life well!

Jen said...

Lunch dates with the hubby are the best! No kids - just the two of you! I'm glad Jerry and I work so close we can do that! Nice that you and Jason can too!

I love the new pics of you guys on the side bar - I seriously need to spend some time with my blog and update some pics and put cool things in the side bar! Where are you finding out how to do all that??