Saturday, December 26, 2009

Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy


How can it be? It was Christmas Eve and the time was going slowly. Our traditions were done and the goodies were all made what was left but to watch a movie and hope bed time would come soon. I had made cinnamon rolls and they smelled so yummy, so we each had one for desert when Abbi stopped and put hers in my face to show me the tiny little red spot on hers. It was blood, I knew that she had a loose tooth but not that loose. She showed me her mouth and sure enough there was a hole where a tooth should be. Asking her where it went, we discovered that she must have swallowed it.Wow the Tooth Fairy AND Santa Claus in one night. Oh no, the Tooth Fairy doesn't have any cash on him. So on a precept of needing cranberry sauce I sent the Tooth Fairy out to the store. Guess what! Everything shut down at 8p.m. here. So, when my phone rang and the Tooth Fairy and I discussed our options getting $20 out of the ATM was okay but would that tooth really be worth that much money? I don't think so. Fortunately a gas station was open and all was well. Now Abbi had to write a letter to explain to the tooth Fairy what had happened to her tooth. Because this is not the first time Abbi had eaten her tooth (it's not even her second).
Wow that made time go faster. It was now time for bed. Abbi was certain that nobody would come to our house if we stayed up so everyone went to bed. Jason and I each had books to read but Abbi was excited and jittery, great she wasn't going to be an easy sleeper. We decided that Santa needed to come first because we need to set things up, plus it gave Abbi time to sleep more. Then it was Tooth fairy time. This scared me more. Could the Tooth Fairy pull it off? Everyone know that kids sleep lightly on Christmas Eve! But sure enough, The Tooth Fairy is miraculous and did the job well! Now can I get to sleep? Christmas is here!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! Both in one night!! Did you check couch cushions and the wash machine before Jason got sent to the ATM??