Thursday, March 18, 2010

My St Patty's Day

Okay To start off I should say that I went shopping at Safeway right after I put Abbi on the bus. No big deal right? WRONG! 2 hours later, I noticed that I have been wearing my sweat pants inside out! I went shopping looking like that! Out in public! Yea, the luck of the Irish is with me!
(Picture taken from www.salon.com)

Next I found out that my traditional Irish dinner Corned beef and cabbage isn't Irish at all. It's American all the way. Total let down. So we had potato soup and soda bread.(Saving the corned beef and cabbage for Jason's b-day on Monday. It's one of his favorites.)

But I don't care if Sean Connery is Scottish and "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" was made on a Disney back lot in California. I watched it. That little tradition will always be a part of my holiday.
Making the girls hand crank the ice cream, they loved it.

Later that night I had to go to young womens and It was a perfect night for making home made ice cream with the girls. Anyone who knows what home made ice cream tastes like knows it totally makes the the day end perfectly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it (all of it)!!!