Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's Snowing!


First Day Of Snow! I don't think I've ever mention this, but I hate driving in snow! Good thing I moved to a place where there is snow almost all winter. I'm a smart girl. But driving in snow isn't the same thing as watching it fall from the warmth of my living room, or even walking around the block and listening to the silence it causes when it blankets the Earth. I love winter and bundling up drinking hot chocolate, planning Christmas art projects and I love the first day of snow.Today it isn't cold enough to stick around but the fact that we are in the first week of November and it is already falling makes me believe that I will be force to learn how to drive in this stuff. I may even begin to enjoy it.
I took this picture off of our back balcony. The Flour Mill is the farm and grain seed store here in town. The mill was built in 1905 and still has it's original equipment in it.

1 comment:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Ooooohhhhh...I love the first snow of the year. You totally described it perfect, I want some of that. No more of this constant drizzle.
p.s. Alan taught me how to drive in the snow 11 years ago and it scared the pants off of me. He took me in an empty parking lot, told me to get up to speed and then he pulled the e-brake on me. I went swerving around and he taught me how to right the car and slow down. He's available anytime your here if you need a good scaring. I'm sure he would find great joy out it!
p.p.s. Sorry I'm writing a novel in you comment section!