Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sick day


I'm so grateful for my daughter's sweet spirit that on a day like yesterday, when she had no school, she knew that I had a bad cold and needed rest. She left me to sleep and entertained herself and fed herself all day till Dad came home. I'm so proud of her to know she could make her own sandwich and could play without bugging her Mom, and to top it off she made me a wonderful get well card. I'm so blessed! Sometimes I wonder why I get so upset at her growing up so fast when it is so wonderful to see what comes each and every day.

I'm sorry this is so sappy I think the NyQuil is kicking in! Cough,Cough. I also have to add that today I noticed that she had eaten 2 pudding snacks, Pringles and 15 Halloween candies the real reason why she left me alone, she was getting away with alot!

1 comment:

Jen said...

She left you alone and got into candy - but I'll still bet you'd say it was worth it to get some much needed rest! I realize now how lucky I was with Bradley being able to self- entertain....Colton gets into EVERYTHING and has to taste it to boot! Argh! Be thankful Abbi only ate EDIBLE items!