Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Wow! It's been a While!

Well first of all the computer we had completely crashed! done for, dah, dah, dah, done! I didn't realize how much I loved doing the daily Sudoku puzzle. It was a cheap little laptop we had bought to get Jason through college, that was over 4 years ago and it was truly beat up, I really had know idea how we were going to afford a new one then wouldn't you know it my father-in-law called and asked if we needed a computer!!!! heck ya!! so the day before Thanksgiving Jason's parents came to our home for the holiday and set up a computer for us, I'm back online.
As for the holiday, I hope everyone had a good time. At our house, we had a great meal, after we ate, the men fell asleep and Abbi,Grandma, and I made beaded angels. Later we watched movies and planned the next day. Of course we started the day after Thanksgiving with some shopping. Here in our little town, that's no big deal, however the Walmart here was freakin' out because there was 300 people lined up out front that morning. (Ooh scary!!) We just let them complain and said to ourselves if they only knew how easy they have it. Then by 11:00 a.m. the snow started falling. It was wonderful, Jason's mom was so happy to see it so we went to look at all the scenery we stopped at lake Roosevelt and we went to gravity hill( a optical illusion in the road that makes it look like your heading down hill, but if you put your car in neutral, you start to roll backwards, up hill.) When we were done driving around, (I drove, did I mention not a big fan of it,) We stayed close to home because there was at least 3 inches on the ground, but we live downtown so all the cute shops were right there. Plus it was the towns tree lighting Santa came on a horse drawn cart and handed out candy canes to all the kids we had a wonderful time and here are some pictures to share with you.



2 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

That sound wonderful. We did miss having you guys but it sounds like you had a really great day. How cool that it's already snowing, Alan would be in heaven.

Yummy Mummy said...

Georgia, I love the black and white photo of the lamp post! Sounds like fun! Are you guys coming to the Rigtrup Christmas party on the 22nd? Drop me a line, I'd love to hear all about everything!
Stephanie