Monday, December 1, 2008

Tradition!

Last night it came to Abbi's attention that today is the first day of December and she was not about to wake up this morning without taking care to make sure a tradition is carried out in our home. The wonderful Advent Calender! Usually, it's a simple calender with a small door with a small little chocolate behind each door, not this year, oh no, we found one that has My Little Ponies and it's accessories behind each door! Each year we do this calender and every time she is patient yet excited to open a new door every day. I have to admit it is a great way to count down the days til Christmas. Plus, bonus, getting her out of bed to get ready for school today was a breeze! hope it continues. This also made me think today about a lesson we had in Relief Society about righteous traditions in our family and although My Little Ponies may not be all that righteous it is a tradition truly enjoyed in our household, so I figure through the month of December I will blog about different traditions we keep in our house and as of now, I will be very interested to see if we have enough traditions to share for the whole month.

4 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

I love the my little pony calander. That's so cute. We have a house we reuse every year. It's big enough to fit 3 pieces of candy in each spot so all the kids can have a piece. Now if I can just stop Tate from stealing the candy!

Jen said...

Haha! We ALSO have the advent calendar tradition - only we do the LEGO advent calendar with Bradley - go fig! BUT - there is a condition - that he MUST have no issues - no getting in trouble, no sassing his parents, no whining, etc, etc...in order to get to open a door to get his lego - so he does NOT get to open a door each day until AFTER school and AFTER homework is done - it never ceases to amaze me how well this tactic works!! WHY....WHY...can it not work the entire year long???

Cindy said...

Where did you find it! Lydia would go crazy and I know she would love to "catch up" on the days we have already missed!

Georgia said...

Cindy hit the Wal-mart in the toy section they also have my little pet shop