
I love it here. People still say, "Merry Christmas" in the shops, pipe loads Christmas music over the streets, Oh Holy Night, Silent Night, Away in a Manger, with no fear of offense. Christmas is celebrated. Really I'm not surprised, there is a big cross that stands over the whole city, put there many, many years ago and no one complains about it. So now that it is time to celebrate the birth of Christ it is so nice to be in a place where it is accepted as such, Abbi's school 2nd grade class had their annual "Christmas" program. Not even the public school called it a Holiday program, it was the "Christmas" program. Now I must admit that the songs they sung had nothing to do with the birth of our Lord, however, it's still nice to know that there are people out there who want you to have a Merry Christmas.
1 comment:
WHAT???!??! you LOVE it there???? Ok - I admit the Christmas thing is nice - but if you LOVE it there - how will I ever convince you to move back here??? Man!
Post a Comment