Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tradition!


As a young woman, I remember a tradition started in my home that I carried on to my own family. I have had others say, "Oh ya we do that too." I have had some say, "Okay, ya weirdo." But, in truth there is a meaning behind what we do. I hope that goes for all things. This tradition has to do with the fact that there is 4 stockings hanging in our house, and there is only the 3 of us here. That is because the forth stocking is called, "Our Jesus Stocking". We believe that the Christmas season is the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, nothing new, yet, when we celebrate anyone's birthday, we give them a present. In Matthew 25:40 it says, "Insomuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Our savior deserves a present for his birthday, and in our house we each give him one, a service we can do for someone,or self improvement goal, written on a paper, put in the stocking, with the promise to do it in the year to come.

1 comment:

Karina Rigtrup said...

This is one of my favorite traditions!