Monday, December 8, 2008

Tradition!


Okay this is not so much as a tradition as it is a quest! Every year the is a challenge between me and my Dad to find the most out of the way, most novel of presents. It is NEVER something needed and the only criteria is that we must think the other person is going to say, "I like it. Why on Earth did you buy this for me?" This is a picture of the gnome my father thought could be my own personal Travelosity gnome. One year I got him a 10 inch alabaster bust of a nose. Which he turned around drilled hole for nostrils and turned it into a fountain for his backyard pond. I cannot say what I got for him this year just because if he reads this the surprise is gone, but I do think it fits the bill for our little father daughter tradition.

2 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

I love it! That's one of the best traditions I've heard in a long time. I had no idea!

Jen said...

I wanna know...I wanna know....can you write it to me in a Real live snail mail card????