Monday, April 13, 2009

Abbi's Baptism

April 11th was the day Abbi was baptized. It seemed fitting that the day before Easter would be a day for Abbi to Take on Jesus name and have her sins washed away to become responsible for choosing the right. Many people from our family took time and effort to come to Colville to support Abbi and to them I am so grateful. Her Grandma Rigtrup spoke at her baptism and talked about why we should be baptized and her Grandpa Rigtrup spoke as well and talked about the Holy Ghost. And I have to share that he told Abbi how he thought life with the holy ghost was as if you were on a road in a Cadilac, comfortable with an easy ride and when you don't have the Holy Ghost with you it's like being in her dad's Jeep in on a rough trail bouncing around and uncomfortable. So now I will always think of that when I feel the spirit. I am on the road in a Cadilac.
Grandma Rigtrup made Abbi's baptism dress and Grandma white got Abbi the confermation dress(Not pictured)
I forgot to add that Abbi was a double dunker. Chalk it up to Her Father paying too much attention to make sure her dress got under and didn't notice that the top of her head was still dry.

2 comments:

Jen said...

her dress was beautiful and so was she!! Wish we could've been there too!!

Karina Rigtrup said...

Oh my goodness, Alan and I were trying not to laugh out loud when Dad was giving the Jeep/Caddy analogy. I just kept thinking that poor Abby was going to be afraid to go wheeling from now on. Hopefully he didn't ruin Jeep rides forever!
Let's not forget that in Mom's talk she said that we were going to "celebrate Jesus's KILLING
tomarrow". We did snicker out loud on that one.
Good times!